What is it?
A 5k (3.1 mile) run-walk along the Paradise Path through Moscow. Dogs are welcome and invited to participate, but are not necessary. A post run snack will be provided to all participants, water stations will be located along the course.
The Paw-louse 5k starts at the University of Idaho Sweet Avenue parking lot (Corner of Railroad and Sweet Avenue) at 9:00 am on June 14th, 2014. RAIN OR SHINE!
Prizes will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers, additional prizes will be awarded to participants at the end of the race
What to do
Pre-Register — $20
Mail form and fees by May 30, 2014. Event t-shirt is included in registration fee.
Late and Race Day Registrations — $25
Late and race day registrations will be accepted, however t-shirts are not guaranteed.
Race registration form available here.
Rules of the Race
- A dog isn't required for the race, however they are welcome to participate
- Only one dog per person
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times. No leashes longer than 6 feet. No retractable leashes allowed.
- Dog waste bags will be provided at race check-in. Please use them.
- Dogs must be over 4 months old, due to vaccination requirements
- Current Rabies vaccination is required (all other vaccinations are suggested)
- No female dogs in heat
- Aggressive/unruly dogs and their owners will be asked to leave
The race course will start and finish at the University of Idaho Sweet Avenue Parking Lot (Corner of Sweet and Railroad), then connect to the paradise path. Participants will continue following paradise path until reaching Perimeter Drive. Turn left on Perimeter Drive, and follow it until reaching 6th St. Turn left on 6th St, and follow it until you connect back on the paradise path. Follow paradise path back to the original start. Course will be well marked, with water stations for runners and dogs throughout.